When it comes to building muscle, getting fit, and reaching your health and wellness goals, protein (Supplementation) consumption will play an essential part in achieving your goals. For a protein supplement to be effective, it has to be high-quality and contain the proper amount of branch chain amino acids(BCAA’s) and essential amino acids(EAAs).
BCAAs are the 20 amino acids that make up the thousands of proteins in your body, and of those 20 BCAAs, nine of them are called essential amino acids because they can’t be made by your body and must be introduced through the food you eat.
Whey isolate protein powder is an excellent source of amino acids, including the nine essentials, and has added benefits over other protein powder supplements.
Table of Contents
Facts On Whey Protein
Milk contains two types of protein: casein and whey. Casein makes up approximately 80 percent of milk protein, and whey makes up the remaining 20 percent.
Whey protein is found in the watery part of milk and contains about 20-27 grams of complete protein, including essential amino acids, making it an excellent source of protein.
Benefits of Whey Protein
Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, and proteins are essential for muscle growth and development. Protein also plays a role in how your organs function, healing, and your overall health.
Whey protein is very digestible and remain absorbed quickly into the body much faster and more completely than other forms of protein. As people age, muscle mass declines, and fat storage increases. Whey protein combined with resistance training can help to slow muscle loss and increase muscle growth.
Whey isolate protein powder contains less fat, lactose, and fewer carbs than other non-whey protein powders and has no added sugars, so it’s more beneficial for weight loss.
According to Legion Athletics, “The best protein powder for weight loss will be one that gets the majority of its calories from protein, has very few artificial sweeteners, flavors, or dyes, and should taste good and digest easily.” Whey isolate protein powder meets all of these criteria.
Supplementation on Muscle Mass and Strength: Five Effects
Whey protein delivers the amino acids required for muscle growth and new muscle development. But research is also demonstrating that whey supplementation has other benefits as well.
Faster Muscle Recovery
Whey supplementation can help your muscle recover faster, meaning you can see faster muscle development with regular use and experience longer, more intense workouts.
Increased Muscle Performance
BCAAs can help decrease muscle and exercise fatigue by maintaining the levels of BCAAs in your bloodstream during a workout.
Decreased Muscle Soreness
Resistance training and weight lifting remain often followed by soreness 12 to 24 hours after a workout, especially after a new exercise or new muscle group remain targeted. Sore muscles can hinder or delay your workouts. The BCAAs from Whey supplementation may be able to help decrease muscle soreness by repairing muscle tissue faster.
Large muscles mean more strength. Whey supplementation can mean faster and more significant muscle growth, which means increased strength.
Better Muscle Retention
As you age, you lose muscle. Supplementing your diet with a whey protein powder can help slow muscle loss by increasing muscle protein synthesis.
Rounding It Up
When combined with strength or resistance training. Whey protein is an excellent source of amino acids necessary for promoting muscle growth and maintaining muscle mass.