If you’re a parent or want to be one, you should know that certain bedtime habits need to be implemented if you want your child to have a good night’s sleep. For example, it is a proven fact that listening to bedtime stories and reading bedtime stories helps get a child to go to sleep. Also, bedtime routines help calm a child, especially if he has problems waking up in the middle of the night or having nightmares. It is a proven fact that reading before bedtime keeps children from getting up too early in the morning. Also, by having bedtime rituals with your children, they will learn to set a routine for themselves, which will help them deal with stress better as they grow older.
So what are some bedtime habits that you can practice with your children? You can set a routine like having dinner together, reading books, talking about something fun, watching television, playing games, or doing household chores. It is believed that an hour and a half before sleep, you should do a couple of activities that will prepare you physically and psychologically for sleep. Some people recommend that you do stretching exercises before going to bed, while others say you should get out of your bed and sit for a few minutes. Whatever you decide on, the important thing is that you should do this at least an hour before you think it’s time to go to sleep.
Another bedtime habit to practice is to have fun with your children. Bedtime should be a relaxing time for both of you. By making your children laugh and having fun, you will indeed have a more peaceful sleep. If you practice these bedtime habits, you’ll have no trouble sleeping at night sooner or later. It is a better idea to take a good nap in the daytime whenever possible.
Bedtime Habit You’re Guilty Of And How To Break It
How many of us have a bedtime habit? Probably not many, but it’s there. It takes over our lives, and it influences all other aspects of our lives. It is so essential that we break this bedtime habit and make a better one. Let me explain to you why the bedtime habit you’re guilty of needs to be broken. It influences all aspects of your life, in particular your health. This is a terrible mistake that we can all do without. Let me explain.
- When you lie down to sleep, you should try to make the most of what you can out of the situation. For example, let’s say you like listening to music before falling asleep. So it would be best if you turned on the radio or CD. But, when we lie down, our minds are just concentrating on the fact that we need to get to sleep. And unfortunately, this usually isn’t the case. If we keep focusing on this, it leads to negative habits which result from being distracted.
- Instead of concentrating on the music you want, you should be focusing on something else. Try an exercise, spend a few minutes talking with a friend on the phone or reading a book. By doing these things, you’ll find that you’ll soon forget that the bedtime habit you’re guilty of is keeping you awake.
- Now it’s time to sleep. Once you’ve fallen asleep, you mustn’t wake up again for anything. Waking up again will result in you getting up again. And that’s not what you want to do.
There are many solutions available to help you overcome the bedtime habits you’re guilty of. The main thing is to be consistent. Set a routine and stick to it. Don’t make up your mind that you’re going to sleep whenever you want. This leads to another critical point:
- Also, you mustn’t let bedtime habits rule your life. Go ahead and fall asleep! Don’t think about anything else. Once you fall asleep, go ahead and do something that relaxes you. If you can’t fall asleep with your mind clear, then try listening to your favorite music or television show. This will calm your mind and get you into an excellent state to sleep.
- Bedtime habits are very harmful and should be changed immediately. But if you can’t seem to fall asleep fast enough or keep yourself from sleeping for a long time, then don’t worry. It is possible to overcome these problems with time and patience. If you find yourself constantly unable to fall asleep or keep yourself awake for prolonged periods, then it may be time for you to consult a doctor or health practitioner. But don’t worry; once you get the hang of it, you’ll soon be back on track with your bedtime habits, and the guilt you feel will melt away. You can also try the hack of using the best bedroom colors for sleep.
- The first step towards getting to grips with your bedtime habit is to understand what it is. Bedtime is an unconscious habit that gets triggered due to various events and factors. Usually, you start developing this bedtime habit from when you are a baby or a toddler, as they start imitating their parents. As they grow older, this bedtime habit generally gets cemented in place and becomes a difficult habit of dislodging.
- So what should you do? Well, start understanding the mechanics of this bedtime habit and try to identify what might set off the process. You could either find out what might be causing your ‘bedtime nerves’ or find out how you can change this bedtime habit to one that is more enjoyable. You could also try taking deep breaths before you go to bed or even try some relaxing activities. Anything that will make it easier to get yourself relaxed and calm will undoubtedly help.
Now that you’ve identified the mechanics of your bedtime habits, it’s time to tackle them head-on. Once you’ve done that, it’s time to attack them accordingly. First up, you could try reading a book or trying some relaxing activities. This should give you the upper hand in making the bedtime routine more enjoyable. The more enjoyable it is, the more likely you will stay with it and start enjoying it regularly. Once you begin enjoying your bedtime routine, it will become habitual, and you’ll find it much easier to get to grips with your bedtime habits. Apart from this article you can also follow mailing address means.
Don’t worry about the guilt feelings that you’ll have to deal with. The best way to combat the guilt feelings is to acknowledge them. State to yourself that yes, you are guilty of your bedtime habit and that it is something that you’re going to have to get over. Then you can start to work towards erasing the guilt. You’ll feel better immediately, and this will give you the motivation you need to begin enjoying your bedtime routine finally.
Also Read PILLOW: 6 WAYS TO CHANGE YOUR SLEEP