When it comes to feminine hygiene products, they need to be Grade-A, and you also need to be extremely careful when using these products. One of these products is a menstrual cup. This menstrual cup is a reusable feminine hygiene product that is small and flexible in shape. So, you need to know how to use one properly before you buy menstrual cup. That is why this article is for you.
How to Use a Menstrual Cup?
The first step to properly using a menstrual cup is buying one that is the right size for you. There are a number of factors to consider before you buy menstrual cups, such as your age, cervix length, and flow strength, among other things.
Putting your menstrual cup inside of you the first time can be an awkward experience, but if you grease your cup before using it for the first time, the process can become a bit more smooth.
Steps to Use Your Menstrual Cup
If you are an experienced Tampon user, it shouldn’t be difficult for you to use them after you buy menstrual cups. Here are the steps:
- The first step is making sure that your hands are thoroughly washed.
- The next step is to apply a water-based lube or water to the rim of your cup.
- After lubricating the cup, fold it in half tightly, and hold it in your hand with its rim facing upwards.
- After folding it, you can insert the cup into your vagina as you would insert a tampon. The cup will sit a few inches below your cervix.
- After the cup is inserted, rotate it inside. On rotating, it will spring open as an airtight seal which will prevent any leaks.
If your menstrual cup is well inserted, you will not feel it, and you will be able to jump, move, sit, stand, or do any other activity as you would on any other day without the risk of the cup falling out.
There is no risk of your cup falling out of your vagina, but you should speak to your doctor if you’re having trouble putting the cup in.
A menstrual cup can be worn for 6-12 hours, depending on your flow strength. This means that a cup can be chosen for protection overnight.
How to Pull Your Cup Out?
The steps to pulling your menstrual cup are particularly easy:
- Make sure that your hands are thoroughly washed.
- Place your thumb and your index finger inside your vagina and pull at the stem of the cup until you reach the base.
- Once you reach the base, you can pinch at it to release the seal. After this, you can pull down and remove the cup.
- Empty your cup into a sink or a toilet once it’s out.
To conclude, considering the many advantages of menstrual cups, from affordability to sustainability, is important. They are one of the top products for feminine hygiene. So, do not forget to buy them.
Quick tip- If you’re looking for hair wax products for your man, then you can purchase the Ustraa hair wax. Also, try out the new Ustraa hair wax if you are looking to buy something for your man.